Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Loved, loved, loved this audiotape. I know that my daughter has been telling me that there is so much more in the books than depicted in the movies, but I didn't realize the depth of the parts that were left out. I'm understanding so much more now. They totally left out the effort Hermione put into enlightening the house elves. That really was significant in my opinion. And Winkie -- where was Winkie? I got a better understanding of Cedric, too, which made his death even sadder. Harry certainly went through a lot of emotional torment in this book and dealt with really adult issues. You could just feel him growing up and leaving childish ways behind. I'm going to take my audiocassettes back to the library today and get The Order of the Phoenix. I'm officially hooked on this series.




Oh, and the best part of the book is how Hermione dealt with Rita Skeeter! If you have haven't read or listened to this book, you have to run out and get it just for that. It was priceless!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment