Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Thirteenth Chime by Emma Michaels

The Thirteenth Chime (Sense of Truth, #1)The Thirteenth Chime by Emma Michaels


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book was exciting and confusing. Sometimes I couldn't follow where David was going with things he was investigating. I guess I couldn't see into his brain well enough, but maybe that was what made the solution so unexpected. As I was reading, it felt as though I was watching a movie in my mind. I could clearly picture the landscape, the house, the clock, the storm, the island and the prison. That was very well done. I even got cold reading about the snow. I'm anxious to read the next book. I'm looking forward to Emma telling us more about Destiny, her past and her personality. I don't see her ending up with Scott. Anyway, this was a good read. I liked the way the pages were laid out -- I know that seems weird, but it made the chapters go by quickly. I like that. I still have some questions though -- like how...ooops! Don't want to spoil it for anyone.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment