Friday, January 14, 2011

The Book Blogger Hop Tour 1/14-17, 2011

Book Blogger HopThe Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Crazy-for-books.com is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun! This is a weekly event! And stop back throughout the weekend to Crazy-for-books.com and see all the new blogs that are added! We get over 200 links every week!!


RULES:

Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews. Go to Crazy-for-books.com and follow the directions there to sign up. There is also always a question to answer so that we can get to know each other better. This week's question is:

"Why do you read the genre that you do? What draws you to it?"

So, you give the answer in your blog post or the comments and follow as many links as you can! It's great fun and it results in new followers for your blog!

I like to read almost anything, but my favorite genre is time travel romance. I know, I know, but when I first started reading again, the first book I read was "A Knight In Shining Armor" by Jude Deveraux and I was hooked on time travel. It was so funny and it made me think of things I never thought about before. I guess the reason I'm drawn to it is because I can imagine myself in another time -- probably the past -- and running in to historymakers would be amazing.

I have also discovered urban fantasy and -- hmmm, why am I drawn to it? -- because it's exciting!!! duh! Picturing characters and scenes in my imagination running around clashing with monsters, vampires and demons. Wow!

Hope you can visit my blog this weekend! Have a great one!

10 comments:

  1. Here I am hopping on by...

    I went all over the map with this question on my blog. I read and enjoy almost every genre of fiction out there. There’s no way I could just pick one.

    So I talked about all of them. Even romance fiction (sort of)! I invite you to hop over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and see for yourself.

    Howard A. Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopping by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Reading Lark's Hop Post

    P.S. - I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm looking forward to following your posts. (I'm an over 40 blogger too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by for the Hop! I love the UF genre too, and I haven't found very much time-travel romance, though I enjoy that trope quite a bit LOL

    New follower here!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. New follower!
    The only time travel romance I've read is Time Traveler's Wife. I loved that one.
    You might like Once a Witch by Colleen MacCoullough (sp?) There's some time travel in there.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! Hope your having a great weekend. New follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, love your blog. Have a good weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog! Time travel romance... that's cool! I don't know many books that fall under that genre but the ones I've read were novels I enjoyed.

    And congrats for passing the 100 follower mark! I hope you've been enjoying your weekend! :)

    Liz (Midnight Bloom)
    Midnight Bloom Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! 100+ followers! Thanks for the comments and for following! I'm so glad I started this blog. It's been loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by Reading Lark. I'm a romance junkie, too. I like time travel, but paranormal romance is my favorite.

    Tevya @ Reading Lark

    ReplyDelete