Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig

The Masque of the Black Tulip (Pink Carnation, #2)The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I'm finding I truly enjoy listening to novels via my new MP3 player! Hearing a novel set in England read by a British narrator has got to be the best way to hear it. The Masque of the Black Tulip is the second novel in Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation series. It was as delightful as the first. Not knowing how far into the book I actually was, it seemed to me that a good portion of the novel focused on the romance between Henrietta and Miles which was entertaining, funny and exciting. There was a tiny bit of sex between married partners that was expected, but nothing erotic (which I wouldn't have liked). After Miles and Henrietta were all tucked up, the business of catching the Black Tulip began the novel took off again. Lots of guesses who the Black Tulip was and sneaking around, then characters being captured and, of course, rescued dramatically culminating in catching and trussing up the spy. Interspersed with all of this is the continuing saga of Eloise, the history grad student, and Collin, her host in Britain and her current crush. Lauren Willig has a great style and listening to her novel read by Kate Reading was very entertaining. These books are a pleasure to read and to have read to you. If you like historical romance with a twist, these books are for you.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment