Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf

A Room of One's Own (Annotated)A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Virginia Woolf is my new heroine. She is amazing. Every woman who has the slightest interest in becoming a writer should read this book--this speech that Ms. Woolf gave on women and fiction. She attacks the subject methodically, researching first what men have to say about women writing which is not good. It was very degrading. Men thought that women didn't have the intelligence to write a novel! Anyway, she then looks at some women authors and their circumstances and the limitations they faced. The book was just wonderful. Her writing style just moved from page to page so fluidly. I love the way her mind worked. I know that we could have been good friends. I recommend this book not only to women pursuing a writing career, but all women in pursuit of their futures.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment