Tuesday, November 23, 2010

THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1)The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The Hunger Games was FANTASTIC!!! I couldn't put it down. I read it in under 30 hours and it only took that long because I had to work and sleep. I figure it took me 15 hours: 8 hours straight through the first day and 7 hours straight through the second day. Now that may be slow for some people, but it was compelling for me. It moved so quickly. I was told that the first chapter was background and not to get discouraged if it seemed boring. The first time I actually noticed where I was in the book, I was on chapter 5! The characters were so real that you fell in love with them and WERE them. Katniss is so clever and she outwits everyone. Peeta is so sweet, but there's something really strong inside him. Oh my gosh, I can't wait to read "Catching Fire". It is sitting on my bookcase calling me. Gotta go read it!




View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Phew! There aren't many books you can say that about. They're just the kind of books I love.
    Like the Christmas tree, btw, but don't like 32 days!!! Help!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's good that you had finished this book. I've been wanting to read the trilogy but haven't got the time yet. been hearing a great deal about the trilogy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read each book in less than 2 days. They move really quickly.

    ReplyDelete