Tuesday, November 2, 2010

HOLIDAY READING CHALLENGE 2010

All About {n}



It's time for the HOLIDAY READING CHALLENGE hosted by All About {n} which runs from November 15 through December 31, 2010. Here are the details:

Challenge Requirements:


1- Challenge will start Monday, November 15 and will end Friday, December 31.


2- You can read anywhere from 1 to 5 books for the challenge and, of course, you are more than welcome to surpass that number.


3- And now, here's the clincher... they must be holiday related books. That's right, the holiday doesn't really matter, but it would be more "jolly" if your choices were Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc.


4- The size of the book does not matter, nor does the genre. It is also okay for the book to overlap with other challenges. The only thing I ask is that they are not children's books. YA is okay. And so are re-reads. 


5- To sign up - leave a link back to your challenge post at All About {n}. There will also be a post for review links as well as one for challenge wrap-ups.


6- And.... there will be goodies. That's right, she calls them presents. At the end of every week that the challenge is running she will choose one winner from the review links. Meaning the more books you read, review and link up, the more chances you have at winning a "present".


If you'd like to join me and sign up for the 2010 Holiday Reading Challenge, please link up your challenge post with the list of books you plan to read (this list is not set in stone and can be changed as you please) at All About {n}. I did well on this kind of challenge last year, so here goes...my list of books so far:

1. The Autobiography of Santa Claus by Jeff Guinn
2. The Cricket on the Hearth and Other Christmas Stories by Charles Dickens
3. The Christmas Cat and other stories by Julie Beard, Jo Beverley, Barbara Bretton and one of my favorite authors: Lynn Kurland.
4. Santa in Montana by Janet Dailey
5. A book I haven't chosen yet, but I'm going to the bookstore soon to find it--

Should be fun! I love Christmas!








2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the challenge. You have a great list so far. I look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Christmas at the top. I think I might have to borrow that widget ;) Just dropped by to see what everyone is reading for the challenge. Now following too.

    ReplyDelete