Okay, here I go...I entered way too many challenges last year...but they were so enticing...I have to cut down this year so I can actually finish some of them. Well, I did finish some and the upside is I read a lot of books I wouldn't have read otherwise. I mean that's the big reason I do reading challenges--to expand my horizons. I really like challenges that expose me to specific kinds of books whether it be through their titles or their genres.
So, I decided to do "What's In A Name 4" this year.
here. And here is how the challenge works:
Between January 1 and December 31, 2011, read one book in each of the following categories:
1. A book with a number in the title: First to Die, Seven Up, Thirteen Reasons Why
2. A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Diamond Ruby, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Opal Deception
3. A book with a size in the title: Wide Sargasso Sea, Small Wars, Little Bee
4. A book with travel or movement in the title: Dead Witch Walking, Crawling with Zombies, Time Traveler's Wife
5. A book with evil in the title: Bad Marie, Fallen, Wicked Lovely
6. A book with a life stage in the title: No Country for Old Men, Brideshead Revisited, Bog Child
The book titles are just suggestions from our host, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.
Other Things to Know:
Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
Books may overlap other challenges.
Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed but encouraged.
You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.
I think there's plenty of room for choices in these categories. I can't wait to get started!