Monday, July 31, 2017

#High Summer Readathon and the Christmas in July Readathon Wrap-up Post - really!

I felt pretty silly last week when I thought the High Summer Readathon was over on Sunday, July 23! It felt like a real gift to get an extra week to continue reading. These are the books I read - reviews are in the works: 

1. Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Heartless

2. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman

A Man Called Ove

3. Stars in Your Eyes by Lynn Kurland 

Stars in Your Eyes (de Piaget, #14; de Piaget/MacLeod, #21)

For the Christmas in July Readathon, I read these two: 

1. The Christmas Pony by Melody Carlson

The Christmas Pony

2. Married by Midnight by Talli Roland 

Married by Midnight

Not sure where my 3-stars pic went, but you get the idea. 

It was very nice to be able to devote my free time the past two weeks to reading. I am discovering more and more how much I truly love it! Thank you, Michelle, for hosting these two readathons and giving us a reason to read more, more, more! Also, I liked reading a little bit of Christmas in the summer. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, honest mistake. Hard to get used to the two week format when we're so used to the one week. You got a lot of great reading in. Thanks so much for joining in again. I know scary isn't really your cup of tea so I know you may not join us for FrightFall in October, but I know I'll be seeing you for Christmas Spirit. :)

    Love that Christmas Pony cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely. I did read one "scary" book last year - maybe I can find another one that isn't too far out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete