Tuesday, July 25, 2017

#HSReadathon Mid-Readathon Update Post

This is my wrap-up post for the #High Summer Readathon. I never do very well with readathons. I am amazed at how many books some of the other participants read in just a week! I read TWO! And I actually didn't finish the last one until the Tuesday after the readathon was over. So sad. But I do like the idea of spending as much of my free time in a week reading. 

These are the two books I read: 

22948207"A Man Called Ove" by Fredrik Backman - I gave this one 5 stars. It was a book about a secretly lovely man. Some people have said it wasn't a life-changing book, but I don't care. It was very good and I liked the way Fredrik Backman laid out the story, the way he let the reader in on Ove's past a little at a time. You just grew to love the man. It deserves 5 stars. 




18584855The other book I read was "Heartless" by Marissa Meyer. I also gave this one 5 stars. It is the imagined story of the Queen of Hearts from "Alice in Wonderland" and how she got to be so fond of the phrase "off with his/her head!" For most of the book, I couldn't reconcile the character of Catherine with the Queen of Hearts. As the reader, I liked her so much. Then... You can suspect the ending, and I did, too, but getting there was quite a story. 


So, there are my two High Summer Readathon books. I didn't even get to a Christmas book for the end. I was going to read "The Christmas Pony" by Melody Carlson. Her Christmas books are so good. There is always something to be learned and considered from her books. She is my favorite Christmas author. 

SILLY ME! THE READATHON ISN'T OVER UNTIL NEXT SUNDAY!!! 

1 comment:

  1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete