Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Nancy Drew and The Bungalow Mystery

156980

Title: The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #3) 
Author: Carolyn Keene 
Hardcover, 180 pages 
Published May 1, 1987 (first published 1930)

from Goodreads: 

While trying to help a friend out of a difficulty, teenage detective Nancy Crew has a perilous experience in and around a deserted bungalow. 

Alleluialu's review: 

Another Nancy Crew mystery solved! I am really enjoying reading these books that I read when I was young. The adventures are exciting even if the language is vintage. For example, this is the way Nancy's friend, Don, described her after she made a surprise discovery: 

"Good thinking, Nancy," said Don admiringly. "You're a whiz of a detective, all right." 

Amusing! And so much fun to read! 

I gave it 4 stars - my 13-year old self would have given it 5 stars, but I'm not 13 anymore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment