Monday, July 25, 2016

High Summer Read-a-thon Wrap Up!

This is the first time I have ever truly participated in a Read-a-Thon...I mean actually reading instead of doing other things like watching television or housework. So, my results may seem small to others, but for me it was pretty cool. 



It's definitely High Summer here in Pennsylvania and this week temperatures were in the 90s, so it was no trial to stick it out in our family room where the air conditioner is. I finished my Nancy Drew book, #4 "The Bungalow Mystery" which was a mere 180 pages. No sweat - literally! I also made progress on all 3 of the other selections I chose: 55 pages of "The Betrothed" ending up at page 492 of 720; 17% of the "Pride and Prejudice" audiobook advancing to 69% completed; and 57 pages of "Footsteps in the Dark" ending at page 101. That's 292 pages read and 17% of the audiobook. I'm happy with that. I wish I could have finished another book, but I spent lots of time reading and that was the point - at least that was my point in participating. 

Thank you, Seasons of Reading, for hosting this Read-a-Thon! I look forward to doing this again! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you joined us for High Summer and that you're happy with your accomplishment. Well done! I hope to see you in October for FrightFall. Remember, your scary book doesn't have to be horror...it can be paranormal, mystery, thriller, etc...and the Christmas Spirit read-a-thon and reading challenge is coming in November. Not too far away!

    Love your Christmas countdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great devoting so much time to reading! I loved it! See you in October!

      Delete
    2. It was great devoting so much time to reading! I loved it! See you in October!

      Delete