Monday, July 18, 2016

High Summer Read-a-Thon

156980  566328  311123  28145553

I have started on my High Summer Read-a-Thon! I have quite a diverse group of books here I want to work on. The first is "Nancy Drew and The Bungalow Mystery" from my local library. I am working on a project to read at least 12 books that I read when I was a young girl including Nancy Drew books and the Bobbsey Twins. I used to get so much enjoyment out of those books and the ones I have read so far have lived up to my memories. You can tell by the language used that they are vintage, but the stories are fun! 

Next, I plan to make some headway in "The Betrothed" by Alessandro Manzoni. My daughter gave me this book for Christmas. It is a book in translation and apparently, a classic that many Italian students are required to read. I am over halfway through it. She was right predicting that I would like it. Maybe I will finish it this week. 

"Footsteps in the Dark" by Georgette Heyer is from my TBR pile. I will read it on my iPad whenever I can get my iPad away from my other daughter who is playing an ongoing game on it. I have read another Georgette Heyer book and enjoyed. I'm just getting started on this one. 

Lastly, "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, a classic audiobook performed by Rosamund Pike. I listen to this while I am exercising - riding an exercise bike or walking. Haven't been doing that alot lately, but I plan to give this a listen this week while I am working around the house. 

Is that an ambitious list? Perhaps. A children's book (although the protagonist is 18 years old), a book in print, an ebook and an audiobook. It's doable. Better get back to it! Good luck with your list! 



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us for the read-a-thon! I like the idea of your project. I was just thinking today that I should read the Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books that I loved as a girl again. I may have to implement your idea. :)

    You have a great lineup of books there. I hope you enjoy your reading this week and can meet your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me of those Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books! I had forgotten about them. They were enjoyable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete