Monday, July 18, 2016

Book Review - One Summer by David Baldacci

16131125

Title:  One Summer
Author: David Baldacci 
Paperback, 384 pages 
Published May 28, 2013 by Vision 

This book is our July Book Club selection. I don't think I would have just picked this book up on my own. I have just read some of the reviews listed on Goodreads and perhaps my 4 star rating is a bit high. There were lots of 2 stars on Goodreads. The story was filled with dramatic events that were kind of over-the-top. I found myself wondering what  "fantastic" thing would happen next. It wasn't boring and the ending wasn't tragic. But, how much drama could happen to one family? I liked the characters and I liked the heart of the story. Maybe they will make a Lifetime movie out of it. Basically, it was a summer read - what do you expect? 

My 4 stars stands. It wasn't a page-turner, but it wasn't bad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment