Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Where Are You Reading Challenge


This sounds like a great challenge! The idea is to read a book that takes place in each of the 50 states of the United States. You set up a map on Google Maps and place a marker where your book takes place. I haven't done it yet, but I'm looking forward to setting up my map as soon as I get done here.

The challenge runs from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012. You determine which state to use from where the main character spends the most time. For example, if your main character is from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, but the story is about her living and working in New York City, you would use New York as the state. If the book goes from one state to another, you use the state where most of the book takes place. If you read a book that takes place in another country, you can use that, too. Books read from areas outside the 50 states get you bonus points. A drawing will be held for those who read 10 or more books outside of the U.S. using random.org.

So, why don't you join us on our tour of the U.S. (and the world) by visiting BookJourney and signing up!

I'll keep you posted and provide a link for my map when I get it going so you can see how cool it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment