As I was cleaning the other day (yes, I was doing that!), I came across this book:
432 things to do...Wow! I've decided to list 10 of them to get you started enjoying this time leading up to Christmas.
1. Be the first to wish everyone you meet a Merry Christmas.
2. Buy a pair of red flannel pajamas that you only wear on Christmas Eve.
3. Take the family to see a small-town Christmas parade.
4. Don't count calories from December 15th through January 2nd.
5. Never select a Christmas tree after dark.
6. Mend a broken relationship with a friend or relative during the holidays.
7. Take a basket of Christmas goodies to a notoriously grumpy neighbor.
8. Be nice to sales personnel. They're often wearier than you are.
9. Don't schedule yourself too tightly during the holidays. Before making an appointment, ask yourself, "Can this wait until after Christmas?"
10. Take a holiday family photograph each year in the same spot, such as by a favorite tree in your yard. In years to come, you'll have a wonderful record of the growth of your family, as well as the growth of the tree.
So, get started! Christmas is a season. Sometimes the things we do leading up to it are just as memorable (sometimes more memorable) than the actual day.