Tuesday, September 27, 2011

One Day by David Nicolls

One Day One Day by David Nicholls


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


At first I didn't think it would be amazing. I only read the book because I didn't get to see the movie -- yet. However, this book is amazing. It takes you on a roller-coaster ride that is life and connects you with Emma and Dex in a significant way. Whoever cast Anne Hathaway as Emma is a genius. I couldn't see anyone but her playing that role. Maybe it was the suggestion of her because I knew she was cast as Emma, but I could clearly see her in every line, every action, and every facial expression throughout the book. I love Emma. I love her attitude, her spirit and the way she loves Dex as a true best friend. Em and Dex, Dex and Em. They just go together. Dex, on the other hand, is pretty much a rake. But he does love Emma, whether he wants to admit it or not. I love him, too. He grows on you. This book is so good. I can't tell you much more without spoiling it, but it made me laugh, it made me cry...an hour after I finished it I was still tearing up. Simply amazing. Go out and get this book and read it! Now I have to get to the movie and see if it does it justice. I'll take my box of tissues.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment