Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The House at Riverton by Kate Morton

The House at RivertonThe House at Riverton by Kate Morton


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Well, this was a very good story -- but it was very long. There were several different stories going on and when I was reading the last chapters, I had trouble remembering the first chapters. I grew very attached to the main character especially in her aged state. She was very loyal to the family at Riverton. I liked Hannah as well because of her attempt at independence and making a way for herself. Emmeline seemed to have such a fun life -- a real "twenties" life. I was expecting a surprise at the end and i wasn't disappointed, but I expected more revelations. I don't want to give anything away, but if you read the book you'll know what I mean. I like Kate Morton's works, this one was just a bit too long.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment