Monday, June 28, 2010

What are YOU reading today?

Today, I am reading "Year of Wonders" by Geraldine Brooks. When you read the synopsis on the cover, you think it is going to be a really depressing book, but it really isn't. I mean bad things happen right and left, but I'm interested in finding out what happens. I actually feel addicted to this book because I keep putting it down and picking it up again 5 minutes later. It is very good - and not too long, so I should be done with it in a few days.

I'm also continuing to read "Fortunata and Jacinta" by Benito Perez Galdos. This volume (800+ pages) is also getting more and more interesting. My DD#1 told me that would happen - and she was RIGHT! I like that the chapters are divided into smaller sections so you can read a bit and feel as though you have accomplished something if you complete a section. Galdos' characters are very distinct, however, he uses different names for the same character which gets a bit confusing. I really like this book so I'm going to keep plugging away at it even though I only get 5-10 pages read at a time.

So what are you reading???

No comments:

Post a Comment