Thursday, June 11, 2009

Queen of the Road: The True Tale of 47 States, 22,000 Miles, 200 Shoes, 2 Cats, 1 Poodle, a Husband, and a Bus with a Will of Its Own by Doreen Orion


"A pampered Long Island princess hits the road in a converted bus with her wilderness-loving husband, travels the country for one year, and brings it all hilariously to life in this offbeat and romantic memoir."
When one of our book club members suggested reading this book, I didn't know what to think. The title is kind of crazy and it turns out, so is the Long Island Princess. I ended up identifying with Doreen more than I expected. Actually, my husband takes care of me a lot like Tim takes care of her. I'm not quite as dependent as she first was though. Doreen's journal of the trip was quite entertaining and the way they got closer and closer over the year quite inspiring. I wonder what would happen if my husband and I tried that? Hmmm. Well, I would be okay, but he doesn't really like to drive and there wouldn't be enough to clean and putsy around doing.
I liked the fact that they both changed for the better by making this trip. It also gave some great ideas for places to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment