Saturday, November 30, 2013

Movie Review: Trading Christmas



About the Movie - Debbie Macomber's Trading Christmas

Emily (Faith Ford) misses her daughter Heather (Emma Lahana), who is attending college in Boston. Since her father died, Heather is sensitive to her mom’s dependence on long-standing holiday traditions. This Christmas, Heather has planned a trip to Phoenix with her boyfriend, but tells her mother she is staying on campus to study.

After Emily arranges a house-swap with Charles (Tom Cavanagh), an English professor from Boston who wants Washington State’s solitude in order to finish his novel, Emily hops on a flight to Boston to surprise Heather for Christmas. Unaware of the house swap, Emily’s best friend, Faith (Gabrielle Miller) walks in on Charles at Emily’s house and in Boston, Ray, Charles’ brother (Gil Bellows) responds to a 911 call only to find Emily at Charles’ condo. Will Christmas travel calamities lead to cross-country romances? Or have there been one too many surprises already?

Alleluialu's Review
 
I have already watched this movie twice this season and liked it each time. I don't always like reading Debbie Macomber's books, but apparently when they make them into movies I like them a lot better. I don't know why that is, but oh well. This movie has one couple who meet and enjoy each other and you feel they deserve it because of all they have been through or missed. Another couple is the classic "I hate you, I hate you, I love you" scenario which is entertaining and fun. The third couple is a pair of young college students trying to escape together but ending up wanting to be with family and continue their traditions at Christmas. Watching, you could put yourself in to each of those couples and relate to what they were experiencing. It was a fun, heartwarming movie. Oh, and I also liked that, even though they could have, you never saw any of the couples getting in to bed together or anything racy. They did normal, everyday things. Refreshing!
 
I gave this movie 4 stars because I liked it, it was clean and funny, but I watched it twice because it was on. I wouldn't have searched it out - as a matter of fact, I didn't know the title until I looked it up on the Hallmark Channel website.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment