Friday, November 8, 2013

Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge 2013 & kickoff Read-a-thon


Finally! It's here! The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge 2013 starts November 22, 2013, and ends January 6, 2014. The rules and levels are pretty much the same as last year: crossovers are permitted AND encouraged, you must read CHRISTMAS novels, books about CHRISTMAS lore, CHRISTMAS short stories and poems, books about CHRISTMAS crafts, and **new this year** children's CHRISTMAS books!

The levels are:
Candy Cane - read 1 book
Mistletoe - read 2 to 4 books
Christmas Tree - read 5 or 6 books
Additional levels:
FaLaLaLaLa Films - watch Christmas movies - a few or a bunch
Visions of Sugar Plums - read books with your children!
 
The additional levels are optional, but you have to complete one or more of the first 3 levels. You can sign up for this challenge here!
 
The Christmas Spirit Read-a-Thon will be the kickoff event of the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge! It starts on Friday, November 22, 2013 and continues through Sunday, November 24, 2013. Details and sign-ups for the Read-a-Thon are on the Seasons of Reading blog, HERE!
 
I'm planning on starting out with the Mistletoe level. I know I have a few Christmas books around here that I didn't get to last year. Now if only I can find them. I've been noticing a lot of Christmas books on the shelves at Walmart, so I may have to venture out and buy a couple or head to the library. I can't wait to get started!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment