Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Waiting Booth (Whispering Woods, #1)The Waiting Booth by Brinda Berry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is another one of those e-books that I received to review a while ago. I'm sorry it has taken so long. This book is about a young girl - a high school student - whose Mother left the family and whose brother has disappeared. She lives with her father in Whispering Woods. She is working on a science project collecting data on the affect of the phases of the moon on nocturnal feeding patterns of wildlife. She does this by setting up cameras in certain wooded areas around her home. One night she gets a surprise slide of two men who seem to just appear on the film. It turns out these two are agents from a different dimension and the portal they use to get to Earth is beside her Waiting Booth (where she used to wait for the bus). The men are supposed to be working with Pete, her brother, to keep the Earth safe from beings that want to infiltrate and spread disease. The girl, Mia, and her brother Pete have a gift for seeing emotions and vibrations around people and things in different colors. Since Pete is gone, the inter-dimensional organization wants Mia to take his place. Mia reluctantly gets involved because she thinks the two agents can help her find Pete. The book moves along quickly and Mia, her friends, and the two agents have some interesting adventures. Of course, it wouldn't be a young adult book If it didn't involve some kind of romance between two of the characters, but I'm not telling which ones. I liked this book. It moved along and I found myself wanting to keep reading to find out what happens. The end could have been the end, but I believe there is a sequel and I believe it is on my Nook at this very moment. I'll get back to you when I finish it. A good read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment