Thursday, April 18, 2013

The School of Essential IngredientsThe School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have had this book on my shelf since 2010 as is the case of several of my books. I am trying to read through them in a timely fashion, but I'm always getting new books. Anyway, this book was worth the wait. It is about a woman who becomes a chef - we learn her background in the first chapter - and eventually opens a restaurant. She conducts exclusive cooking classes on Monday nights when the restaurant is closed. We get to experience several of those classes throughout the book, but we also get to know each of the students as well. Lillian, the chef, has a very different way of looking at food and she has a talent for knowing just what a person needs to experience. Each chapter in the book tells one of the student's story. The students get involved with each other in special ways and the outcome of the book is very satisfying. As you can tell, I really enjoyed this book. It isn't a "women eating bon bons" kind of book. The situations are very realistic. A great read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment