Saturday, April 13, 2013

People of the BookPeople of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have had this book on my bookshelf for quite some time, but I have finally been able to read it. It is about recreating situations and lives that a special Jewish prayer book have touched. I liked the way the stories were all woven together and that tiny souvenirs from chosen time periods told such a remarkable story. My curiosity was aroused about the different time periods, especially the Inquisition, and the journeys that were taken. The parallel stories of the archivists were interesting as well. I'm glad I finally got to read this book. When I finished it, I prepared to swap it and, before I even got the post finished, someone wanted it. It is a very popular book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment