Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'M DONE WITH HARRY POTTER!!!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I can't believe I'm finished with the whole series! It was definitely amazing! J.K. Rowling is a genius. This part, the Deathly Hallows, was crammed full of action. And it wasn't that hard to follow. I mean there were surprises, but Harry's and Hermione's calculations seemed reasonable. I liked getting the backstory on the various characters -- Dumbledore, Snape, Lily. Yeah, that was great. And the ending lived up to the rest of the books. Wonderful, exciting, dramatic! There's only one thing I didn't really like and that was the Epilogue. I thought it was cheesy. I mean you read all through this book, all of these adult things happening, and then the Epilogue gives you a childlike finish. Just my opinion though. I mean it was a nice epilogue, but kind of childish in my opinion.




Regardless, if you are one of the 1% of the population who hasn't read Harry Potter (like I was), you should definitely read it. Better yet, get it on DVD or cassette tape and listen to Jim Dale read it to you. He is fantastic!




View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. YES, YES, YES! (Except for the "better yet, get it on DVD or cassette tape") part - must read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing!!! I'm so glad you liked the books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're competing in the mini-challenge, even if you found it late. And you already have your four books. Now all you need is bonus points for April and May. It will give you an edge in the giveaway. *conspiratorial wink*

    ReplyDelete