Thursday, March 31, 2011

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

 Alice's Adventures in WonderlandAlice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was an audiobook narrated by Jim Dale -- my absolute favorite narrator! I had never actually read the book, so listening to it was very entertaining. What an imagination Lewis Caroll must have had. Alice's mind worked in very amusing ways. I burst out laughing in several places. I'm sure the people around me who had no idea what I was listening to were questioning my sanity. One adventure after another kept getting stranger and stranger. I suppose it was to be expected since, as Alice says, "so many queer things have happened today". I loved listening to this book. It was so much fun. I also especially liked the two additions at the end of the book -- one a Christmas message from Lewis Caroll and the other from a faery! Great way to experience a Victorian classic.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love Jim Dale! I really want to listen to this now. He manages to bring something so new even to books I've already read.

    ReplyDelete