Wednesday, September 16, 2009

City of Dreams by Beverly Swerling

City of Dreams: A Novel of Nieuw Amsterdam and Early Manhattan City of Dreams: A Novel of Nieuw Amsterdam and Early Manhattan by Beverly Swerling

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this book because I wanted to read an historical fiction and I've always liked American history. It was okay, but it had lots of sex and brutal killings and many vividly-detailed surgical procedures. The family it depicted was definitely woven in and out among the branches of its family tree. I did have a few favorite characters though: Roisin Campbell, Morgan Turner, and Andrew Turner. They were quite different from each other but true to themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I was hoping for a higher rating on this book. I bought it a couple weeks ago and was really looking forward to it. Who knows, maybe I'll still enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete