Friday, August 4, 2017

Review of "Heartless" by Marissa Meyer

Title: Heartless
Author: Marissa Meyer
Published: November 8, 2016
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Edition: hardcover 453 pages
Literary Awards: Goodreads Choice Awards Nominee for Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction (2016)



From Goodreads:

Catherine may be one of the most desired girls in Wonderland and a favorite of the unmarried King, but her interests lie elsewhere. A talented baker, she wants to open a shop and create delectable pastries. But for her mother, such a goal is unthinkable for a woman who could be a queen.

At a royal ball where Cath is expected to receive the King’s marriage proposal, she meets handsome and mysterious Jest. For the first time, she feels the pull of true attraction. At the risk of offending the King and infuriating her parents, she and Jest enter into a secret courtship.

Cath is determined to choose her own destiny. But in a land thriving with magic, madness and monsters, fate has other plans.

Alleluia’s Review:

I read Marissa Meyer’s series The Lunar Chronicles, so I was anxious to read this book to see what she would do with the origins of “the wicked queen.” I got attached to Catherine early on and I kept anticipating what terrible thing was going to happen to her to make her evil. In the end, one could almost commiserate with her, although one could sense where it would lead. I was disappointed that the story stopped where it did – perhaps there will be a sequel? There is a space of time between this story and The Lunar Chronicles that could be filled in nicely with another volume or two. I enjoyed this one. It was quick-moving and interesting. If you are a fan of fairytale retellings, this book is for you.


I gave it 5 stars! 

1 comment:

  1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete