Wednesday, November 30, 2016

2017 Monthly Motif reading challenge

2017-reading-challenge-sign-ups

Here's another one! I like reading for a theme so this will be just right for me. 


JANUARY 1, 2017 – DECEMBER 31, 2017 ~
This is the 2017 Monthly Motif Reading Challenge! For this challenge, each  month is assigned a motif or theme. Our task is to read one book per month that fits in with the assigned motifs…
JANUARY – Diversify Your Reading
Kick the reading year off right and shake things up. Read a book with a character (or written by an author) of a race, religion, or sexual orientation other than your own.
FEBRUARY – Undercover Thriller
Read a book involving spies, detectives, private investigators, or a character in disguise.
I read "A Fierce Radiance" by Lauren Belfer - 3/24/2017. 
MARCH – Time TravelerRead a book set in a different dimension, a book in which time travel is involved or a dystopian or science fiction book where reality looks very different than what we’re used to.
"Ever My Love" by Lynn Kurland - 4/5/2017. 
APRIL – Award Winners
Read a book that has won a literary award or a book written by an author who has been recognized in the bookish community.
MAY – Book to Movie or Audio
Read a book that has a movie based off of it. For an extra challenge, see the movie or listen to the audio book as well.
JUNE – Destination UnknownRead a book in which the character(s) take a trip, travel somewhere, go on a quest, or find themselves on a journey toward something.
"Named of the Dragon" by Susanna Kearsley - 1/3/2017. 
JULY – Believe the UnbelievableThis month it’s all about fantasy. Epic fantasy, urban fantasy, fairytales, magic, etc.
"The Scorpio Races" by Maggie Stiefvater - 6/13/2017. 
AUGUST – Seasons, Elements, & Weather Read a book in which the season, the elements, or the weather plays a role in the story.
"The Lightning Thief" by Rick Riordan - 1/13/2017. 
SEPTEMBER – Creepy, Chilling, & FrightfulCozy mystery ghost stories, paranormal hauntings, murder mysteries, weird and scary creatures- it’s up to you!
"Mistress in the Art of Death" by Ariana Franklin - 4/17/2017. 
OCTOBER– Games, Challenges, & ContestsRead a book that involves a game of some sort. Video games, war games, psychological mess-with-your-mind games, characters who participate in a contest, or a story in which the character takes on a challenge.  "Heartless" by Marissa Meyer - 7/25/17. 
NOVEMBER – Last ChanceRead a book you’ve been meaning to get to all year but haven’t yet or read the last book in a series you started.
DECEMBER – Picking FavoritesRead a book by one of your favorite authors or read a book that Girlxoxo has recommended this year.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you're joining us! Hope you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete