Friday, August 1, 2014

Book Review: Six Strings by Jen Sanya Williamson

22392718

Title: Six Strings (Volume 1)
Author: Jen Sanya Williamson
Paperback: 204 pages
Published: June 2014 by Booktrope

from Goodreads: 

Riley Witt is running out of time.

Battling Alzheimer’s disease, Riley’s grandmother Mary suffers from memory loss, mood swings, and a tendency to wander off.

As senior year approaches, Riley has to face the reality that the one person she depends on most is slowly fading. Making matters worse, when Mary does remember the past, she tells tales of time travel and visions. As Mary’s version of the past gets more confused, Riley knows they are running out of time together.

But when Riley discovers a guitar belonging to a famous rock star at Mary’s house, the truth behind the crazy tales finally comes out.

SIX STRINGS tells the story of Riley’s journey back to 1973 where she enters a world of music, long-lost family, and first love. Her adventure is all about discovering her past, understanding her present, and figuring out how to step into her future.

Alleluialu's Review: 

I actually finished this book a couple of days ago, but had no Internet connection to write a review. First of all, I am a big fan of time travel. I have read many time travel romance novels and a few time travel novels that we're not romances. This novel is in the latter category. Riley is on a quest to use the gift she inherited to discover things about herself and the people closest to her. It gives her a chance to experience her grandmother when she was not under the influence of Altzheimer's disease. Since my own mother had Altzheimer's, I can appreciate the gift that that is. I think this is going to be a wonderful series. I love that there is music involved and that Riley is finding out just how much of a musician she is and where THAT gift came from. The story keeps moving. It doesn't drag at all. The characters are believable even though time travel may not be to some. It's a great story - I didn't want to put it down. I read it in just a few days. Excellent start to the series. When will the next one be finished?


I gave this book 5 Notes! - A Symphony! - This book is excellent! I didn't want it to end. 
How appropriate for a book about musicians!

Anyway, I received my e-book from the author, but you can get a Kindle edition OR a paperback from Amazon.com here; a paperback or Nook edition from Barnes & Noble here; or a paperback edition from Books-a-Million here

Enjoy it! I can't wait for Volume 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment