Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Book Review: Anne Hathaway presents The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

13606660Title: Anne Hathaway presents The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (#1)
Author: L. Frank Baum
Published March 8, 2012 by Audible, Inc. (First published 1900)
Audiobook length: 3 hrs. 49 mins.

from Goodreads:
 
One of the best-known stories in American culture, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz has stirred the imagination of young and old alike for over 100 years. Best Actress nominee Anne Hathaway (Rachel Getting Married, Alice In Wonderland), fresh from filming one of this year's most anticipated films, The Dark Knight Rises, lends her voice to this uniquely American fairy tale.

Follow the adventures of young Dorothy Gale and her dog Toto as they get swept away into the magical land of Oz , where they encounter characters and places you may remember from the movie - and several more that never made it to the big screen - on an unforgettable journey to the Emerald City.

"It's such a wonderful book and I was so happy to be a part of bringing it to life", Ms. Hathaway said. "There are a lot of great voices in it. The more fun you have with it, the sillier and the more free you get with it, the better it is because it's a story that can handle it. It's amazing to be able to discover something new about something you feel you know so well."


 
Alleluialu's Review:
 
Anne Hathaway is one of my favorite actresses and listening to her narrate "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" was delightful. I had never read the book before, so I was surprised at the differences in the story. It took a lot longer for Dorothy to travel around Oz and find the Wizard, then the Witch of the West. I don't remember the part about the mark on her forehead, but it seems so biblical - the mark of Cain and all. Anyway, I truly enjoyed listening to it and experiencing Oz in a different way. I recommend it.
 
 I can't seem to get blogger to upload my picture, but I give this 4 stars!
 
 



1 comment: