Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Mount TBR Reading Challenge

 
Since I am always trying to read through my own TBR pile, I have decided to join this Mount TBR Reading Challenge hosted by My Reader's Block. To join us, sign up here.
 
Challenge Levels:

Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s


Mount Blanc: Read 24 books from your TBR pile/s - I read 40 of my TBR books last year, so I'm starting off with Mount Blanc - 24 books to assure success. I'll upgrade if necessary.

Mt. Vancouver: Read 36 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Ararat: Read 48 books from your TBR piles/s
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile/s
El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Everest: Read 100 books from your TBR pile/s


Mount Olympus (Mars): Read 150+ books from your TBR pile/s

And the rules:
*Once you choose your challenge level, you are locked in for at least that many books. If you find that you're on a mountain-climbing roll and want to tackle a taller mountain, then you are certainly welcome to upgrade.

*Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2013.

*You may sign up anytime from now until November 30th, 2013.

*Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2013. No ARCs (none), no library books. No rereads. [To clarify--based on a question raised last year--the intention is to reduce the stack of books that you have bought for yourself or received as presents {birthday, Christmas, "just because," etc.}. Audiobooks and E-books may count if they are yours and they are one of your primary sources of backlogged books.]



*You may count any "currently reading" book that you begin prior to January 1--provided that you had 50% or more of the book left to finish in 2013. I will trust you all on that.

*Books may be used to count for other challenges as well.

*Feel free to submit your list in advance (as incentive to really get those books taken care of) or to tally them as you climb.

*A blog and reviews are not necessary to participate.  Non-bloggers, please leave My Reader's Block a comment declaring your challenge level--OR, if you are a member of Goodreads, a group will be put together for the challenge there. 


So here goes...my daughters will be so proud of me!



1 comment: