Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Jane EyreJane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What an epic tale! I did really like it, but I don't think I would have liked it as much if I had actually read the book. Listening to it was much better because it took so long and so many words to go from one scene to the next. Not having the book on hand, I never knew how much of the book was left! It seemed to go on and on...and after a while I just wanted to know what happened in the end. Did she ever get back to Mr. Rochester? What had happened at Thornfield after she left? Would she really go to India with Sinjun? All these questions went on in my mind while she was describing EVERYTHING. I just wanted her to go already -- stop thinking and DO something. Anyway, I guess that's what I was supposed to be thinking. It was a great listen! I'm very glad I got the chance to finally experience this novel. I find that I'm liking Victorian literature much more than I ever thought I would. If you haven't read Jane Eyre, you should give it a listen. I hightly recommend it.




View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Funny how listening to an audio book can make us so impatient to find out the ending! Makes me realize that I skim books more than I think I do when I really want to get to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this one recently too, and I recommend it too. It's a classic, but it's entertaining and worth the time to read it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete