Wednesday, January 13, 2010

An Echo In The Bone by Diana Gabaldon

I finished "An Echo In The Bone" by Diana Gabaldon this morning! Reading it was like connecting with old friends. However, I have a few questions...***SPOILER WARNING*** What happened to Jem? Last I remember he was riding the little train in the tunnel and then, nothing. And where are Roger and William Buccleigh? I guess that's called paving the way for another book. After 800+ pages, you're done but you're not done. I was surprised that Jamie and Claire stayed put in the same time the entire book. They just seem so right for each other - of course, they should by now. My favorite characters were Rachel and Ian, though. They are so different, but exploring their relationship could open up so many possibilities both dramatic and funny. I also liked Jem (which is why I was so upset that she left him in the tunnel!). He's going to grow up to be just like his Grandda - not afraid of anything and always able to figure a way out of a dangerous situation. Let's hope so.

When is the next book coming out????? And, are they going to make an epic movie???

1 comment:

  1. I did not read your review...I really wanted to...but I just read the first one in the series! lol I have a little catching up to do :)

    ReplyDelete