Saturday, October 31, 2009

Once Upon A Rose by Judith O'Brien

I finished my selection for "O" in the Royal's Romance Reading Challenge: Once Upon A Rose by Judith O'Brien. I LOVED IT! I've discovered a new time travel romance writer! Time Travel Romance is my favorite genre of romance novels. Deanie Bailey, a country singer on location for a music video of the song she wrote as a duet for she and Bucky Lee Denton, stumbles into an enchanted maze and is transported back to 1540. She encounters a very handsome and virile man there in the maze - of course. He helps her make the adjustment to 1540 and King Henry VIII's court. Predictably, they fall in love. Deanie learns a lot about the Tudor era and tries to help some of the characters there. There are little twists and turns in the plot that make you want to keep reading and reading. It was a very entertaining read and I look forward to reading more of Ms. O'Brien's novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment