Friday, February 20, 2015

Movie Review: The Theory of Everything

The Theory of Everything (2014) Poster

Title: The Theory of Everything
(2014)
PG-13 123 minutes Biography/Drama/Romance
Ratings: 7.8/10 
Director: James Marsh
Writers: Anthony McCarten (screenplay), Jane Hawking (book)
Stars: Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones, Tom Prior and others

My family and I watched this video last night. It was a remarkable movie. Great performances, especially by Eddie Redmayne, and beautiful music. Stephen Hawking overcame tremendous obstacles and was very brave to keep pushing on. I liked that Jane's story was told as well. I didn't expect that to be the case. I thought it would be all about Hawking and his work, so I was pleasantly surprised by Jane's inclusion. Of course, as my daughter noted, the movie was based on Jane's memoirs, so it only makes sense that her story would be told. She supported him so well, in my opinion. Even though she did love both Hawking and Jonathan, I was disappointed when Hawking left her to travel to America with Elaine. Then the pen-dropping scene left me suspicious of his motives with that girl. These suspicions are unfounded, but I'm just saying... Anyway, it was a lovely movie, as I said. Wonderful performances and a beautiful soundtrack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment