Sunday, November 9, 2014

It's my favorite time of year - Christmas!!! But I'm not starting to read Christmas books until the day after Thanksgiving!



I do this challenge every year! This year it runs from November 24, 2014 to January 6, 2015. Crossover with other challenges is permitted and, in fact, encouraged. Books read must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time...a children's Christmas books level!

Here are the levels:

Candy Cane - Read 1 book
Mistletoe - Read 2-4 books
Christmas Tree - Read 5 or 6 books!

*Additional levels:

Fa La La La Films - watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies - it's up to you!
Visions of Sugar Plums - read Christmas books with your children and share what you read

*The additional levels are optional. You must complete one of the main levels above.

If you love Christmas like I do, you should pop over to The Christmas Spirit blog and sign up for this challenge! There's also a Christmas Spirit Read-a-thon that runs from November 24 to November 30. You can sign up for that at Seasons of Reading.

Oh, I almost forgot! I am signing up for the Mistletoe level. I may get to the Christmas Tree level, but I think I will start with Mistletoe. BUT, I'm not starting to read Christmas books or do anything Christmas-y until the day after Thanksgiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment