Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Chesapeake Shores Christmas by Sherryl Woods

A Chesapeake Shores ChristmasA Chesapeake Shores Christmas by Sherryl Woods
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was the first book I read in the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge this year. It is one of the continuing stories of the O'Brien family who built and live in a town called Chesapeake Shores. Megan married Mick O'Brien, the builder of the town, but left him when their 5 children were young because she thought he loved his work more than his family. She made a place for her children to be with her in New York, but their father convinced them to stay with him. After many years, Megan and Mick reconciled and all of their children accepted her back in the family except Connor, their son. He was now a successful divorce lawyer and didn't believe in marriage. But, this is a Christmas novel, so all worked out in the end, but I only gave it 3 stars because the first half of the book was full of arguments and tension. There were many stubborn men and a few stubborn women involved. The resolution was rather ironic which I did enjoy, but I didn't like the fighting and manipulation (the characters didn't either). As I said, it is a Christmas novel, so there was a happy ending which I really like even though it was a tad unrealistic. But I've never been accused of being a realist, so Merry Christmas!

View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Lovely review! I think that's what I like most about Christmas books...the happy endings. Happiness is much needed at this time of year. Thank goodness Nicholas Sparks hasn't written a Christmas book. Otherwise, there goes our happy ending. LOL!

    FYI, the link for reviews is at the top of the right sidebar under "2012 CS Reading Challenge--Reviews"...don't worry about adding this link. I added it for you. =O)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this author, such a fun read! I wanted to let you know that I have posted the new 2013 WHERE Are You Reading Challenge sign up. I know you have signed up last tear so thought you may want to again! SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmas stories, but not as much when they're a part of a series I haven't read any others of. I'm glad it had a happy ending though.

    ReplyDelete