Thursday, October 4, 2012

Where Rainbows End by Cecilia Ahern

Where Rainbows EndWhere Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was written as a series of letters - well, e-mails, letters & text messages. I know there's a name for that type of book, but I can't remember it right now. Anyway, I liked the way it was written. The story was about Rosie and her best friend, Alex. That's the bottom line. They went through their whole lives from age 7 to 50 something corresponding with each other, standing up at each other's wedding, supporting each other across an ocean and loving each other although neither one was brave enough to admit it. At age 17, Alex moved to Boston because his Dad got a glorious job there. He couldn't make it to Rosie's end-of-school dance, so she went with someone else, got very drunk and got pregnant! Yes, her dreams of going to school in Boston were dashed when she decided to have the baby. The father split immediately. Alex went on to medical school to pursue his dream of being a doctor. They still kept in touch though. Their lives went on with missed opportunities and bad marriages, etc. The book is rather predictable. You know what is going to happen in the end, but getting there all you can think is "what roadblock to true love is going to appear next?" I know this is a spoiler, but with a title like "Where Rainbows End" you should know that they get together in the end. It takes a LONG time, but they finally get together IN THE EPILOGUE!!! I did really enjoy this book. I especially liked the fact that Rosie's daughter, Katie, was the key to getting them together. If you are a lover of love stories, I recommend you read this book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment