Friday, April 13, 2012

Untraceable by Shelli Johannes-Wells

Untraceable (The Nature of Grace, #1)Untraceable by S.R. Johannes

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book was very exciting and fast-paced. It is the story of Grace whose father has recently gone missing in the mountains of North Carolina. He is a park ranger and Grace learned all he could teach her about survival in the forest. She goes out every day searching for clues to his whereabouts, but the law enforcement in her little town doesn't give her any credit for the things she finds. She is determined to find her father, dead or alive. She doesn't want to admit he may be dead. Her mother is barely holding on without her father and makes Grace go to a therapist to help her deal with her father's disappearance.

It's also the story of Grace's relationship with two boys: Wyn, who she has known since she was little, and Mo, who she met in the woods while searching for clues. I think the way the two relationships were handled was very realistic. Wyn really likes Grace and Grace really likes Mo -- yes, it's another book with a love triangle. Poor Wyn. I mean Mo has that great British accent, how can Grace not fall for him. Anyway, I liked the way their relationships developed and didn't go too far.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't read this book, but the action is pretty constant and intense. I don't recall reading a "slow" part. It is a very, very good book. I recommend it highly. Oh, and by the way, it's part of a series and I can't wait to read the next one! 





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment