Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Monday! What are YOU Reading?

This is a reading meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.
This week I continue to read Fortunata and Jacinta by Benito Perez Galdos, but I am also reading A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf. The last book I read was Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford (for book club) and the next book I plan to read is Days of Gold by Jude Deveraux. Our book club is reading a Christmas book for November and a biography/autobiography for December & January. If you have any suggestions for either of those I would appreciate it.

Happy reading!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Jude Deveraux, but haven't read her in awhile. I've also always wanted to read the Virginia Woolf book.

    Here's my Monday:

    http://laurelrainsnow.wordpress.com/2010/10/18/monday-memes-mailbox-and-what-are-you-reading-oct-18/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet on my list to read next year! Thanks for stopping by! Love your graphic for autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet was an awesome read. We read that for book club last year. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few weeks ago I posted a list of historicals for book clubs. They're not all biographies, but a couple are: http://carolinebookbinder.blogspot.com/2010/10/some-book-club-suggestions-historicals.html

    I've mostly been reading memoirs this year so I have a ton of reviews up you might find pertinent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Jamie Ford book is currently on my TBR shelf and I adore Jude Devereaux.

    For biography/autobiography I found Wild Swans to be quite pivotal. It's a tale of one woman's family, over the course of a few generations, from the fall of Chang Kai Shek to Mao's Cultural Revolution. Very emotional and, at times, horrifying read.

    My Monday meme: http://kimberlyloomis.wordpress.com/2010/10/25/monday-meme-what-are-you-reading/

    ReplyDelete