Friday, December 31, 2010

Operation Actually Read the Bible - update!!!

The Catholic Study Bible: New American BibleThe Catholic Study Bible: New American Bible by Donald Senior


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I started reading the Bible on September 29, 2009, and finished it today, December 31, 2010. Along the way I have developed a habit of reading the Bible every morning and I will do it for the rest of my life. This time, I merely read it -- no commentary or explanation. I knew I would not remember it all nor understand it all. So, my plan this next year or so, is to read it again with commentary. And I plan to continue reading it until the day I die because I couldn't possibly ever understand it all, but it has surely added to my life. I highly recommend finding a "read the Bible in a year" plan and implementing it. As you can see, it took me more than a year to complete the plan, but it was so worth it. If I had to skip a day or two, I just picked up the plan where I left off. Those days became fewer and fewer as my habit developed. I want to thank Becky from Operation Actually Read the Bible for inspiring me to do this.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment